#talon #twitter #twitterclient #twitt #talonbetaBeta Update from 16 Jun 2018
Open Sourcing Talon for Twitter
Today, I am excited to take a very big step for the app: the Material Design version of Talon, that is currently on the Play Store, is open source!
Talon has been a successful app for me, for many years. I have been an outspoken advocate of open source work for a long time, and open sourced the original version of Talon, when it hit it's token limit. This was the next best step for the app, to say "thanks!" to everyone that has supported me over the years!
What this means for you:
As a user, you won't notice much of a change. You will still get the same updates, at the same frequency, through the Play Store. The app will continue to be a paid app, distributed to new users over Google Play, as well.
As a developer, the benefits are obvious! Hopefully you can use it for inspiration, implementation details, or other ideas. Feel free to contribute, if you want, as well.
What does the future look like?
Like I said, most of you won't notice a difference. It's not as though I am leaving the app, it is just getting a more public view. Feel free to make contributions, reports, or download and build it for yourself.
If you like what I am doing here, you can say "thanks!" back by giving me a star on the repo: https://github.com/klinker24/talon-twitter-material
For more details, check out the blog post that I wrote: https://blog.klinkerapps.com/talon-open-source/
Hopefully some people will find this helpful :) it is a significant contribution for me, to say the least, and one that I am very excited about.
This community is for discussing and beta testing Talon for Twitter.
To join in on the beta testing fun, all you need to do is join this community, then click on the link below (which you may need to do from your computer) and opt into the beta. Then you can download any beta updates that I put up (just remember that there will not be betas available all the time, I do need to take breaks every once in a while).
- Beta link (Classic): http://goo.gl/UcLaSI
- Play Store Link (Classic): http://goo.gl/N8XcnZ
- Beta link (Plus): http://goo.gl/zOfDCg
- Play Store Link (Plus): http://goo.gl/NFvrYT
Some community rules:
- Everyone will be respectful and contribute towards bettering the app
- Post in the correct section or I will remove the post
- Stay on topic as best as possible
- Search a little before requesting a feature that has been discussed or a bug that has been reported
Hope you all enjoy what I’ve created here, I’m always open to suggestions as well (but that in no way means I will actually act on them unless I feel they will create a better experience for the majority of people).
Enjoy! #keepsliding #talonfortwitter
Tester's FAQ: Login with your Google Account (Optional) to the TestingCatalog Service to earn extra points and boost your Beta Tester profile to top. Download the app from Google Play via OPT-IN link and start testing!
Like favorite_border Beta Page on TestingCatalog to follow latest Updates and Changelogs.
Report bug_report any found bugs with your feedback to the TestingCatalog to share your findings with the Community of beta testers.
Recommended Blog Posts
- Top Apps for Beta Testing Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018 Best Android Apps for Beta Testing in 2018. TestingCatalog research across mothe then 600 beta applications and 200 communities.
- All Google apps in Beta Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps Complete beta testing tutorial for Google Apps. Google Play, Google Search, Google Maps, Gboard, Youtube GO, Chrome and many more.
- How to join Telegram Beta Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers Secret trick for Telegram users and beta testers. Do you want to become Telegram messanger beta tester?