- Non-full screen folders for easier one-handed use and large-screen devices
- Microsoft Rewards daily deal card allows you to earn Rewards for using Microsoft Launcher and completing other tasks!
- Long-press shortcuts enabled on icons even when the home screen is locked.
- Customers can send a CPU profile through "Contact Us" in Settings in case of performance issues
- Launcher font size will now respect the system font size
- Glance - Glance combines all of the data important to you like calendars, contacts, documents, and more.
- Folder and app icon gestures (swipe to open or click to launch).
- Choose how to use the last row of the expanded dock: Apps, pinned contacts, folders, search bar or widgets;
- Parents can enable web filtering through the Family card.
- Family: parents can show/hide kids in the Family card - It gives you the option to check in on your kids. You can enable it by heading to the far-left page and hitting the Customize feed button. After that, you will see it in the Hidden cards section where you'll have to press the Show button.
- I'm keen on flexibility of launcher settings
- A lot of customization whereas my previous launcher
- Well designed
- In settings of wallpapers I couldn't find "black/white screen wallpaper" in pictures list, strongly recommend you to add this feature
- It was hard to find how to set up the main screen when I tap on home button of the device (press and hold gesture should be added to settings menu with explanation)
- Pressing and holding on "wifi" button from down bar quick menu doesn't redirect me deeper into wifi settings for searching new wifi hot spots
- There is no integration with Google services
- More colors could be added to settings customization (fonts, articles)
- There should be added customization for app icons (make them all circled or quartered in one visual style)
- I'm not sure to correct work on Microsoft widget "clean ram memory"
- New apps don't add home screen even if there is empty place
- My old widget can't be loaded, see my screenshot
MS Launcher 5.3 beta is available with an improved weather widget, a "Technology" category for the News page, and more
As you can see from the quite lengthy changelog, there are lots of improvements made in this beta.
The first and most notable facelift done has to do with the built-in weather widget. It now supports a one-line layout similar to Google's 'At a glance' widget when the size is set to small. On the contrary, when it gets sized up in terms of height, the widget switches to a two-column style. The other news about it is that you can now place multiple weather widgets for different cities....
Microsoft Launcher 5.2 released to beta users and adds an option for non-full screen folders, rewards, plus some other extras
Microsoft's attempts to create the perfect launcher replacement for Android continue with the release of yet another update for their own home screen application. This new update comes in the form of beta version 5.2 and is said to build upon a couple of usability-related things and it sure does to an extent, based on my testing. Furthermore, here is the official list with changes:
Non-full screen folders
Enabling the non-full screen folder setting switches to a more traditional look used in other launchers as well....
Microsoft Launcher v5.1 beta gets a feature similar to Pie's Digital Wellbeing, "Hey Cortana" support and Spanish, updated cards
Digital Wellbeing is a feature launched with Android 9.0 Pie and it tracks the user's usage patterns on their devices. Microsoft Launcher v18.104.22.168598 beta brings, sort of, the same core functionality to older versions of Android too, but lacks extra features like app timers and winddown mode from Google's counterpart. "Screen time", as Microsoft calls it, logs how long your screen has been on, which apps you use the most and how many times you have unlocked your screen, with a back record of up to 7 days. By the way, to do all for all of these to work properly, it requires the usage access permission to be given to the Launcher from your device's settings. You can see all of your personal usage statistics from inside the Feed, or either you can add "Screen time" as a widget to your homescreen....
The Microsoft Launcher 5.0.1 build has been reported to cause severe battery drain issues for users both on the beta and stable release channels. To address this, the Microsoft Launcher Engineering team has released a test build for those who are suffering from this problem, which needs to be installed manually and has special debugging tools built-in.
The first thing you have to do is downloading the Microsoft Launcher 22.214.171.124.47080 test build and installing it manually. Make sure to enable 'Unknown sources' from your device's Security settings to be able to install apps from places other than the Play Store. Also, note that this special build does not have the Timeline feature....
Recently, an announcement from Microsoft revealed that Microsoft Launcher is getting a new update with huge improvements to Feed, which now has been divided into three tabs - Glance, News, and Timeline.
This is available for Microsoft Launcher beta users, but will eventually come to the stable channel soon. The new Feed side-bar (reminiscent of Google Now, which is being re-branded as Discover), as we mentioned earlier, now comes with three tabs and each of them has serves a different purpose. If you log in with your Microsoft account, you get even more goodies, and here they are in a summary:
Microsoft Launcher 126.96.36.199658 removes support for Android 4.0.x and 4.1 and brings along some new gestures
The unique and feature-rich Microsoft Launcher is here with another beta release, coming with version number 188.8.131.52658 and the changelog is the following:
This time we're going to check out Microsoft Launcher v184.108.40.206176 and the improvements it comes with:
The device used in the app:
One plus one 64gb (android 6.0.1)
Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
Application: Microsoft Launcher v4.5
I am not using this app frequently but it is always installed on my secondary device. This is the First TestingCatalog report for this app so there might be some duplications.
What's new for v4.5:...