Fixed a recent bug causing apps with offline caching to crash on sync.
Do you want to beta test this app? Check it here
24 Sep 2018 Google Play Release Update
Replaced the notifications icon.
17 Sep 2018 Google Play Release Update
Hi everyone, we're looking for people interested in testing out a new feature that lets you use voice commands with your app, similar to Siri or Google Assistant.
Take a look at this video and let me know if you're interested in trying it out and giving feedback.
03 Sep 2018 Google+ Community Update 11570 Community Members
Google Sheets bug --- "internal server error"
A few users have reported that they are seeing an "internal server error" when their apps try to read data from a Google Sheet.
We believe this bug was introduced in the last few days by Google.
To reproduce it outside AppSheet, go to your Google Sheet and try to export the file to the Excel format. It will hit an error.
We suspect that it is related to color formatting rules applied to rows. So I'd suggest that you remove color formatting until it is able to successfully export to Excel. If it does, then your AppSheet apps will start working too.
22 Aug 2018 Google+ Community Update 11466 Community Members
Search by speech coming soon!
16 Aug 2018 Google Play Release Update
Word Documents are Now Supported as Workflow Templates
Microsoft Word documents are now supported a workflow templates.
To learn more see topics "Email Body Template" and "Attachment Template" in this article https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email /sending-email-from-a-workflow-rule-or-scheduled-report
02 Aug 2018 Google+ Community Update 11257 Community Members
Meet at the Google Cloud Next conference?
Are any of you going to the Next conference in San Francisco? I will be there July 24th thru 26th. Would love to meet in person if you are attending.
07 Jul 2018 Google+ Community Update 10960 Community Members
System outage ...
AppSheet is down at the moment. There is some problem with one of the central cache servers that controls the access tokens. We're working on it and will keep you posted
30 Jun 2018 Google+ Community Update 10879 Community Members
We just launched our Feature Request AppSheet app as a place for AppSheet creators to post their request. You can also comment and vote on other's request.
The idea behind the app is to let us see more clearly which features are most wanted by the community.
We did our best to add previous requests to the app, but we probably missed some.
If you have any feedback about the app itself, please let me know.
27 Jun 2018 Google+ Community Update 10844 Community Members
RECENT ACTIVITY AND WORK IN PROGRESS
As many of you know, our product goes through periods of high frequency feature updates and then periods that seem to be slow. Of late, it may feel like things have been slow. Here's why.
Engineers at AppSheet work on four kinds of things: (a) support, investigations and bug fixes, (b) new incremental features requested by customers, (c) infrastructural improvements that are not visible but improve performance or scale or stability, (d) significant new features that take a lot of time to develop.
When there is a lull in (b), I wish it were because we were partying or enjoying summertime in Seattle :). But actually, it is because many engineers are engaged with (c) and (d).
Here's are some examples:
1) Phil has been working on the programmatic API and Zapier integration
2) Harry has been working on an automated infrastructure to let you capture app interactions for replay, testing, and automated playback on physical devices
3) Brian has been working on enabling servers in locations other than the US
4) Tony has been working on Spec and the use of NLP and machine learning for app creation
5) Adam has been completely revamping the way data is stored on devices. This change, while transparent to you, will be really significant in enabling larger data sets, faster compression, and device-side encryption
6) Gil has been working through a variety of issues that were causing crashes on lower-end Android devices. He is also reworking some of the whitelabel implementation. In his spare time, he's been doing new features like NFC support.
7) Ivan is upgrading our iOS app to utilize some of the newer iOS platform improvements
8) Praveen is working on integrations with other systems, with Slack being a particular focus.
9) Though not technically engineers, Peter in our product marketing team has been integrating Intercom with the app editor to provide onboarding for new users. Gwen is working on enabling user communities by topic and by geography.
Each of these is going to be very valuable to some of you, but they each require significant upfront investment. All the same, I know that many of you have requested features and are waiting on them. I appreciate your patience and want to reiterate that we are not ignoring you or your requests.
a) In the next few days, we'll be sharing a public list of feature requests that all our customers can see, add to, and vote on. This doesn't mean we will strictly follow the order of votes, but it will definitely influence us strongly.
b) We are actively expanding our engineering team to scale up our efforts as well.
Please feel free to send us (and/or me personally: [email protected]) your feedback at any time.
23 Jun 2018 Google+ Community Update 10805 Community Members