- Scrolling works faster / is more battery friendly
- Other performance improvements (fewer checks when returning to Niagara / faster loading app list)
- Tweaked Media player / App options layout-
- You get notified when notification dots in system settings are disabled
- Adjusted the app swipe menu design
- You can now send multiline quick replies (in-app swipe menu)
- Prevent some crashes introduced in the latest version
- Redesigned settings (Thanks for helping @Maxr1998)
- Enhanced first start screen
- Prevent some crashes (e.g.
- ✋ new app list design (no toolbar), optimized for one hand usage
- added more animations to the scroll bar
- Niagara’s wallpapers can be downloaded in settings
- media player now should work with almost every app.
- weather information on homescreen (can be enabled in settings, requires location access)
- Google search integration (can be enabled in settings)
Niagara Launcher 7.2 comes with much better performance; widget support in the works but until then here's a workaround
Niagara Launcher features an utterly simple user interface, which it makes far more distinguishable than Android's standard home screen experience. It does not support widgets, nor allows placing app icons or shortcuts wherever users want. Meanwhile, there are plans for widget support, though no proper launch date has been set.
Its most recent v7.2 release arrives with better-tuned scrolling performance and the following release notes:
The widget situation
As widgets are very important for a lot of Android users, not having them in Niagara is a big turn off....
Niagara launcher is a fresh minimalistic launcher with a fast-growing user base. It features a simple home screen with 5 favourite apps and an a-z apps list with fancy scrolling animation.
This launcher has a Telegram channel where you can find the latest changelogs and APK updates.
Here is the recent changelog for the v0.6.2 Alpha build.
Niagara Launcher is, pretty much, a brand new launcher app which was released recently. We also did our first review/report for it, a little bit more than a week ago, so, you can check it out from here too.
--- previous highlights ---
To begin with, the before mentioned 0.3 build update brings two noteworthy changes. The first one is the removal of the toolbar in the all apps page....
Niagara Launcher is a new launcher app for Android, made by the developer Peter Huber. It aims to bring an extreme simplicity by ditching the traditional app drawer and the widgets. The idea here is very straight-forward - you get a list of your custom selected favorite apps and a clock widget with date support too. The home screen part also gives you access to your notifications. To see all of your installed apps, you have to use the alphabetical scroll bar on the right side, or you can tap on your home button to enter the app search mode....