Good news for everyone who uses Google Meet on their day to day work, now you can make your meetings a bit more entertaining if it is needed. Apart from the blur options or a custom background, now you can select from various filters and masks. These masks might look familiar to you because they are exactly the same which you can find in the Google Duo app.
You never know if a social app by Google will be shut down at some point so it is a good chance to try it until it is gone.
The feature is still rolling out and should become available to everyone soon. It is planned to be rolled out to both, personal and workspace accounts.
How to test:
- Start a Google Meet conversation.
- Tap on the filters icon on top of your own camera view.
- Swipe to the filters tab on the right side of the bottom menu.
- Select an effect to be applied to see it in action.
- Go back to the conversation.