Previously, if the group has an automatic approval for new members, it was quite hard to keep track of who is joining. After the introduction of a Public Group experience where this setting is forced for public groups, the Android app got a new view for the Members section.
Initially, it comes as a notification that redirects group admin to a new Members view saying that a new member will appear over here.
After anyone joins the group, admins will be able to see a list of new members along with an extensive list of actions that can be performed for every individual profile.
Apart from this change, you will see an additional filter that allows you to categorise new joiners and existing users. There you can filter members who have pending posts or who deactivated their Facebook accounts.
How to test:
- You will need to be a group admin on Facebook as a pre-condition.
- Open a Facebook group that you manage.
- Open a group admin panel by tapping on a shield icon.
- Tap on the Members icon.
- See a new layout and filters.
- 📲 Facebook is a well-known social media app that also owns Instagram and WhatsApp.
- 📲 Facebook is available in Beta and you can opt-in as a tester via Google Play. The beta program is getting full quite often but Facebook devs are extending it from time to time.