Beta testers rating on TestingCatalog
Greetings beta testers and developers!
I decided to start publishing TestingCatalog changelogs and updates in the blog section also to make it accessible for all our beta testers.
Sometimes those posts will be small and sometimes big, but I will always try to have them focused around some topic.
So here we go, Changelog from 20.03.17:
- User rating (beta points) was introduced, check an explanation below
- Beta testers list ranking by rating
- A/B testing pages (feedback, surveys) removed
- Minor fixes
- Updates from Closed Google Plus communities, https://www.testingcatalog.com/update/
- User profile badges (beta points + joined at), see them here https://www.testingcatalog.com/project/410/testers
In order to display top beta testers higher in the list of testers, I added Beta points. The current logic behind those points is very simple and will evolve in future. Those badges will appear as soon as your rating will be changed next time.
To acquire Beta points you can do the following:
- Mark project as a favourite - 1 point
- Fill "about me” information in the user profile - 20
- Check, “I am beta tester” checkbox in the user profile - 3
- Check, “Newsletter subscription” checkbox in the user profile - 5
- Check, “Updates subscription” checkbox in the user profile - 5
- Check, “Events subscription” checkbox in the user profile - 5
You can find your user profile here https://www.testingcatalog.com/user/profile
As soon as “What’s new” updates will be ready, we a going to move forward towards one of those directions:
- Beta surveys
- Users feedback
- Testers courses
- Testing challenges
My current vision is forwarded towards option 4 and if you are an app developer and if you want to sponsor a testing challenge for your application - ping me here https://www.testingcatalog.com/contacts/