A list of all Google apps in Beta
Since I introduced a search functionality in the TestingCatalog, I was able to track what people are looking for. This was not a surprise that most of the search requests were about different Google apps, starting from Google Play to YouTube and Gboard. I want to list all available Android Google apps in beta in this post and answer several frequently asked questions.
A complete list of all Google apps in beta for Android
- Google Play Services
- Google Webview
- Google Search
- Google Maps
- YouTube Go
- Google Cast Receiver
- Google Chrome
- Playbook for Developers
- Files Go
Do you want to become a beta tester for Google Apps?...
How to join The Walking Dead: Road To Survival beta
We are getting a lot of interest from our visitors around this topic so I want to share a small FAQ here.
The Walking Dead Road to Survival is the definitive Walking Dead strategy RPG game, brought to you by Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead comic series.
Project details: WD: RTS on the TestingCatalog
This game uses a closed beta testing model and it uses closed Google Plus community to manage beta access. It also has a very high position in the TestingCatalog (currently TOP 3). This high position means that it has a lot of likes from our testers and it also has frequent updates with detailed changelogs.
However, it is not that easy to get an access to the beta app. Google+ community is closed, which means that you have to ask for the access first and wait until your request will be accepted by the google+ community moderator....
How to Beta Test via Android App Developer Console?
Before you start, you should decide for yourself the following
What is the goal which you are trying to achieve with your beta test?
Android Developers Console for beta testing purpose
Beta Access Management
Depending on your goal, you can run an Open beta test or a Closed beta test
- Open beta test is the easiest way to go. It will make your app discoverable on the Google Play and everyone who has a link will be able to get a beta version.
- Closed beta test. There are always reasons why you may want to run a closed beta test. Your app can be a very popular and you don’t want to receive a lot of spam reviews. You may want to run a targeted research for a limited amount of users. It is possible to submit a list of emails and distribute the app only through pre-selected testers. Another way is to use Google+ community or a Google Group. Community or group can be closed or open and in the meantime, you will need to take some effort on moderation.
Beta App Distribution
You have a link to the Google Play and you can do your best on marketing to promote your app to the users.
Users can submit their feedback via Google Play as usual except a possibility to rate your app.
Early Access Promotion
You also can apply to the Google Play Early Access program via this form - Early Access Form if you want your app to be listed in the Early Access section....
How to join Telegram beta on Android
Unlike other Android apps, telegram distributes its beta updates through their app itself. It means that if you installed the beta app once, you will start receiving in-app messages as soon as a new beta update will become available.
Download a standalone *.APK file from the hockeyapp website.
It can be used as an alternative way to distribute Android apps. You will get an *.APK file which you will need to install manually. Telegram beta is a standalone app and you can install it separately....
Beta testers rating on TestingCatalog
Greetings beta testers and developers!
I decided to start publishing TestingCatalog changelogs and updates in the blog section also to make it accessible for all our beta testers.
Sometimes those posts will be small and sometimes big, but I will always try to have them focused around some topic.
So here we go, Changelog from 20.03.17:
- User rating (beta points) was introduced, check an explanation below
- Beta testers list ranking by rating
- A/B testing pages (feedback, surveys) removed
- Minor fixes
- Updates from Closed Google Plus communities, https://www.testingcatalog.com/update/
- User profile badges (beta points + joined at), see them here https://www.testingcatalog.com/project/410/testers
How to join any android application beta testing program
Four simple steps are needed:
- Choose an application in TestingCatalog.
- Click JOIN COMMUNITY button if available and join Google Plus community with your Google Play account.
- Click OPT-IN button and press BECOME A TESTER button.
- Press "Download the app on Google Play" link at the bottom of the page.
Let's take a look closer at the each of them!
1. Choose an application on TestingCatalog.
All applications are listed on our Home page, feel free to pick whatever you like.